4 months

Our sweet baby is 5 months old today! Here is an update of the last month :)



So, Brooklyn now weighs 13.8 lbs and is 25 inches long. Her head circumference is 40.6 cm. More than double the size when she was born! It's crazy to think that she used to be half the size that she is now. She got her 4 month shots and didn't like it very much! Poor girl. She was not a happy camper that whole day. I felt so bad. She is getting quite the personality. Lately she has been throwing temper tantrums! I didn't think babies this young could throw fits! She has been really fussy and won't take her binky sometimes. I have to distract her when she's crying, then she'll take it. It's funny. When she would wake up in the middle of the night, I would give her her binky and she would go back to sleep. But not anymore! I think she's teething. The only thing that works is if I nurse her back to sleep. She is still having a hard time passing gas and pooping on her own, but the past two nights she has actually gone all by herself! I never thought I could get so happy over poop!  She gets really grumpy when she's tired and fights it. She throws her arms and legs and arches her back and gets all stiff all while crying. I have to hold her still and she finally gives up. She likes to cuddle. I will put the binky in her mouth after lying her down to go to sleep and she grabs onto my hands like, "Wait, don't go!" It's pretty cute. She likes my face touching hers either when I'm holding her or lying next to her. She rests her forehead against mine and likes holding my hands. She has a tight grip. She started scratching her sheets when she's half asleep. I think it's funny. When I am nursing her, she will sometimes get distracted and look around or look up at me and smile. It is the cutest thing! She started to bounce when you stand her up on your lap so we put her in the jumper for the first time not too long ago. She chews and sucks on it more than anything lol. She is chewing and sucking on anything she can get her hands on really. She will pick her binky up all by herself and put it in her mouth. It's impressive! Her hand eye coordination has gotten A LOT better and she will grab for everything and hold onto it. She has a nice bald spot on the back of her head from moving her head back and forth. Her hair above it has a perfect line across it almost looks as if I cut it like that haha. She is definitely laughing and smiling a lot more now. We can just look at her and she'll smile at us. She's starting to become ticklish on her sides and on her legs. She has the cutest laugh. I love it and I love making her laugh. She really likes dogs and thinks they are funny. She will just sit there and laugh at them. She likes watching Ashes, and Ashes will sometimes come up to her and lick her hands and face and Brooklyn thinks it's hilarious and gets all excited. It's cute. She's somewhat scooting. I've just noticed that she is moving around a lot more. I will put her in one place and next thing I know she is on the opposite side! Little stinker! She will put her bum up in the air and push forward like a little caterpillar. Sometimes she will go backwards haha! She flaps her arms like she is flying when she gets all excited. And she is rolling both ways now :) She had 1/2 apple juice 1/2 water for the first time and I gave her rice cereal for the first time last night. Silly girl likes to be naked and when I change her diaper and likes her bum squeezed hahaha! She is very alert and curious and will follow something really well with her eyes when we hold it in front of her or when she is watching something in general. Same with sound. If she hears something she will turn in the direction it's coming from. She holds her mouth open and waits while I get ready to feed her. She knows what's coming! Anyway, that's about it in a nutshell! I love her SO much! Here are a few pictures :)


Likes to swing...


and jump...


and sleep :)

my lil pumpkin ♥

Isn't she so precious!!!

She likes to watch TV

Went outside and this was the warmest thing I could
find and she looked so cute I had to take her picture :)

Still love her cry face haha

Getting so big!

Mommy and baby ♥

Comments