Drained...

What a busy, emotional, overwhelming, amazing weekend! So much happened. My sister is officially Clarissa Rochelle Allred and my brother is officially Elder Jacob Tyler Southwick! It was so amazing going thru the temple with Clarissa on Friday and to have Jacob there as well. The Manti Temple is beautiful.
The sealing on Saturday was so powerful and spiritual and it felt so good to be there with family, friends and loved ones all dressed in white. I love the temple! After the sealing, we went to The Rose Cottage for a luncheon and the food was very much needed haha.
(yes I know I look HUGE in this one!)
Afterwards we drove to Kanab for their reception. They had it at the church building and a lady in their ward decorated the gym and it was GORGEOUS! You would have never guessed it was a gym I mean she went all out!
Then Sunday, Jacob spoke in sacrament meeting. I don't think I have cried more than what I did this weekend...ever! I am seriously emotionally drained! After he spoke my mom, sister and I sang "I Need Thee Every Hour". I made it thru the first verse...and cried the whole rest of the song. Yup. I lost it. And then everyone met out in the hall to say their goodbyes and everyone was crying. It was especially hard to see my little brothers cry. They are going to miss him so much. They look up to him more than anything. I am so proud of him and the great example that he is setting. He will be an awesome missionary. Then to top it off, I had to say goodbye to my sister and who knows when I will see her again! I'm thinking when I have the baby but after that it could be a year or more...who knows!
All of us (minus Clarissa and Jeremy) at Moqui Cave
Also, my Gra-Ma made me a blanket for the baby...wow. She has arthiritis in her hands really bad and has to wear a brace, but she cut and hand tied each individual piece of this blanket by herself and said that she prayed she would have the strength to finish it. It's pink with Disney Princesses on it and hearts. She said that the hearts represent how much she loves me and to tell our baby when she is old enough that they mean that she loves her too. And then had to say, "I don't know how much longer I will be around". I cried some more. I blame it on the pregnancy! Haha. I love my Gra-Ma. I am extremely close to her and this REALLY meant a lot to me. That she would take the time to put all that work and pain into something so special for me and her great granddaughter. I will cherish it forever.
My sweet Gra-Ma
Monday, Jacob was set apart as a missionary. The blessing was beautiful and I am so glad that we were able to stay for it. I hugged him as a long as I could and what makes it extra hard is that he will miss seeing the baby just barely and won't meet her til she is two. :( I know that that happens sometimes but with it being the first on my side...it's a little different. I just wish he could be here but I know that he is serving the Lord and I would rather him do that. So anyway, there's a quick summary of the past weekend. It was good to spend time with family and be there to support my brother and sister. Lots of changes all at once!

Comments